Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shots and Polls

IUPUI has an arrangement by which USA Today and the New York Times are to be had for free. Yeah, those two newspapers. It does give me the opportunity to read the New York Times as I'd never give 'em a dime of my money for the privilege of reading leftist editorials embedded in the news. Anyway, yesterday I grabbed a copy to read over lunch and ran across an interesting op-ed: One Person, One Dose by Douglas Shenson who is an associate clinical professor of epidemiology and public health at the Yale School of Medicine. He proposes that polling places would be handy distribution points for the H1N1 vaccine. I like the idea as in my mind it would have the side effect of familiarizing folks with how easy it is to go to their polling place. Come 2010 they might be more inclined to go and vote. It's for this reason that I suspect the Obama Administration would not back this distribution plan; it might lead to more people voting. And the chance is that they would NOT be voting for liberal Democrats and incumbents.

As we've seen in the past, once the Democrats have what they want they prefer to stop the process. Vote recounts come to mind. Perhaps in some way elections as well. Hmmmm?

No comments: