Friday, July 27, 2012

Today's Canine Antics

A good Manhattan requires a pickled mushroom as garnish. Cherries are for girly men. I pickle my own by putting white vinegar and pickling spices in a Ball jar and drop in canned mushrooms. As I was pickling my mushrooms today, one got away. Gumdrop the Goof (the one parti-colored Cocker Spaniel we have)snagged it and rather than bolting it down, savored it in front of the other three Cocker Spaniels (Pumpkin, Pie, and the visiting Tori.) I suspect canned mushrooms are the only thing this dog will not quickly swallow. Interesting.

2 comments:

Rob K said...

Pickled mushroom! That would completely change the flavor profile of the drink, enough so that I would hesitate to consider it a Manhattan.

Shermlock Shomes said...

Maybe I should call it an Upper Manhattan. OR maybe Lower? :)