Sunday, August 3, 2008

Morning has broken. . .

When I was a young(er) man I thought my father crazy to get up in the wee hours of the morning, even on weekends when he didn't have to. But now that I'm old(er) I find that I enjoy the early morning quiet and calm.

I rise at 5:00 AM on weekdays and sleep in until 6:00 AM on weekends. And I necessarily must be up at 6:00 AM as that is the 'rise and shine' time for Inkem and Stinkem the Devil Dogs.

The last few days the weather here in Indy has been miserable for this ol' Michigan boy; hot and humid. It was even 80 degrees and humid at 6:00 AM! This morning, though, it was 62 degrees and pleasant when I freed the critters to do their thing in the back yard. And I can even prop the screen door open so they can come and go while I type this out.

No comments: