Monday, August 25, 2008

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I had an urge for something sweet last night and made my favorite cookies: chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies following a recipe that my mother used since I was a kid. The recipe:



And the results:



The only changes to the recipe that I might suggest are watch carefully as depending on the humidity/weather/pixies the cookies might be done after 6 minutes. If they get too done you can always add a bit of milk in to soften them up. The other change is you can use waxed paper on which to drop the cookies.

So see, I have something more going for me than just my good looks. I can cook, too!

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

mmm. I found an old hand written recipe for oatmeal cookies at my Grandma's once. The recipe called for bacon fat, in lieu of butter.

Times were lean on the farm. Never tried them, but you know, I bet the kids still loved them.