Wednesday, September 28, 2011

News That's Print To Fit

Usually I see this quality of news in the Ersay FanBoy Sheet (a.k.a. the Indystar) but it crops up on Fox59:

Rally held for USPS downtown Tuesday

In toto:
Hoosiers gathered at a rally Tuesday in a hope to save the U.S. Postal Service and keep 120,000 people from losing their jobs.

The demonstration was held downtown at the Julia Carson* Center.

USPS is set to announce $10 billion in losses when the current fiscal year ends at midnight Friday.

Ralliers said they hope to draw attention to Democratic-backed legislation that could help solve the financial crisis.
This doesn't tell me much. It does tell me that it was at the Julia Carson Center* and that it was a rally to draw attention to Democrat legislation. But it doesn't tell me how few people were there. Wanna guess why?

*May God push her downwards. And yes, I said that about your grandma, Andre.

1 comment:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

If the USPS would RIF all the letter carriers who sit around all day and do nothing -- BY CONTRACT -- I'll bet they would have a surplus.