Monday, May 18, 2009

Shermlock Shomes: Detective

I put on my deerstalker when I saw this in Jim Irsay's Favorite Rag:

Police: Suicidal driver caused crash on I-65

In part:
The Indianapolis woman was driving her Plymouth PT Cruiser southbound near the Greenwood exit about 4 p.m. when she rear-ended a Toyota sport utility vehicle. . . .the woman told deputies she was trying to commit suicide. She was taken to Community Hospital North in Indianapolis for psychological evaluation.
The cynic detective in me thinks that this woman was probably talking on her cell phone and not paying attention when she rear-ending the SUV. Panicked, she figured the, "Shit, I'm nuts and I did it on purpose!" excuse would keep her out of jail. Nice. And the fidget* cops seem to have bought it.

*One of my favorite contractions. Do a search in this blog, Probie.

No comments: