Saturday, December 27, 2008

Exodus Redux 8:16

And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become seeds throughout all the land of Egypt.
Actually, Egypt got lice, not seeds. But I can testify that seeds would have worked. Observe what I understand to be an ash tree seed:


Not large. Not heavy. Not a problem. Normally.

This last summer the ash trees lining the streets of our neighborhood decided to get it on and produce millions of these seeds that did not drop with the leaves. But the last few times the wind has blown this winter some have decided to let go. They now litter the sidewalks, decks, and cars of the neighborhood. And I just spent a nice hour this morning on my roof cleaning my gutters for a second time, digging out mounds of the little bastards. And there's still more on the trees.

No comments: