Saturday, July 19, 2008

Before They're Gone

Today was lawn mowing day. I always have a lot of 'thinking' time when I mow the yard and many times my thoughts wander to other yards of mowed such as my grandparent's and of course my parents (the latter sometimes under protest.) Then I start thinking about my parents and grandparents and find that I still have a lot of questions that I never got around to asking them before they died. But then, what questions are the ones that need asking? You never think of them when the folks are around. Wouldn't it be useful if someone has a list of the questions that you should ask? Well, someone has:

Write Your Family History - 50 Questions You Must Ask Parents Or Grandparents Before They Die

Some are no-brainers:
What were your parents and grandparents full names, dates of birth, places of birth.

What were the occupations of your parents?

How many children were in your family? Where were you in the lineup?

Others are ones you might not think of:
Describe your most important friendships.

What was your first boss like? What did you learn from him or her?

What were your family's favorite jokes or pranks?

What are you most grateful for you your life?
Go there, check it out, and ask your folks today!

No comments: